A Quote:

"There sit the knights that were so great of hand,
The ladies that were queens of fair green land,
Grown grey and black now, brought unto the dust,
Soiled, without raiment, clad about with sand."
- Algernon Charles Swinburne.

lunes, 21 de mayo de 2012

A brief intro

Once upon a time there was a little dreaming geek, who watched the D&D cartoon on saturdays, followed by Kidd Video, and then played with his Defenders of the Earth and miriad other toys happily, creating worlds and adventures over his parent's bed until mom cried "BREAKFAST! and move fast because it's getting cold!". But the kid only wanted to keep submerged in his own little realm of beaches made of blankets, a TV table fortress of the evil guys commanded by evil alien General Kragg, and the Justice League allied with the Defenders to stop them in the streets that were the bedroom's floor.

Ages go and come, and that little kid changed toys for RPG's, became an avid reader of fantasy and horror, a devourer of movies, and kept dreaming while attending university, married the most wonderful woman he is ever going to meet, earnt a master's degree in finance, got a mortgage and two precious cats, and is now writing this, his first entry in the blogging world.

Oh, and for the blog's title... I was a heavy smoker most of my teenage days, until my now wonderful wife helped me quitting. Nowadays, I believe that was the moment that defined my change to adulthood, but I think that my soul is still living the excitement that I learnt to have on those days, and that make me a proud geek.

I live in Bogotá, Colombia, known to some as the Athens of South America. If you ever see the downtown of the city, sure you are going to think that it is said so because of the ruined state of the buildings, but I like to think that my city is a cradle of culture in the southern hemiphere. I am going to write in english and in spanish, because both languages define the entire America, and the whole of my own self.

Please join my ride. All comments are very welcome :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario