A Quote:

"There sit the knights that were so great of hand,
The ladies that were queens of fair green land,
Grown grey and black now, brought unto the dust,
Soiled, without raiment, clad about with sand."
- Algernon Charles Swinburne.

viernes, 20 de diciembre de 2019

Review: The Four Commitments of a Winning Team

The Four Commitments of a Winning Team The Four Commitments of a Winning Team by Mark Eaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an unexpected, warmth, illuminating read for one that's not interested in sports, less a professional book based on one. Eaton delivers four amazing guidelines to create succesful teams, based on his experience, and he shows how and why they work. Taken from the book:

The Four Commitments of a Winning Team provides a foundation on which you and your team can build. Like the skyscraper’s foundation, the Four Commitments will help you, your organization, and your family build to heights you never imagined possible.

Let’s briefly revisit The Four Commitments of a Winning Team:

KNOW YOUR JOB
I executed the fundamentals Coach Lubin and Wilt Chamberlain taught me. I learned and embraced my job, and went from benchwarmer to All-Star.

DO WHAT YOU’RE ASKED TO DO
I did exactly what Coach Layden asked me to when I was a rookie. He gave me a training regimen to follow, assigned me grueling daylong workouts with coaches, and I committed to do exactly what he asked.

MAKE OTHERS LOOK GOOD
I accepted my role as a big man. I didn’t begrudge the fame of players like Stockton and Malone, who got the lion’s share of media attention. I helped them look good. That led me to being named NBA Defensive Player of the Year, twice.

PROTECT OTHERS

I protected the basket, blocked shots, grabbed rebounds, and passed the ball. I led the league in blocked shots four separate seasons and became a defensive force for which opposing coaches had to adjust their game plan. I protected my teammates, which led me to an NBA All-Star game.

A very nice and recommended read, even for those that are not savvy with basketball.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario